Friday, August 23, 2013

First Impression: Sugarpill Cold Chaos Palette

If you know me, you know I love Sugarpill Cosmetics. I've been waiting for this palette to be released since they teased it about a year ago. So even though I had already bought my birthday present...I couldn't resist picking this little gem up too.

This palette, a collaboration with Amelia Arsenic, shows a little bit of a darker side to Sugarpill...as dark as shimmery shadows can get, anyway. The packaging describes this as "an elemental collision of dark glamour and nocturnal worlds." The shadows are also sold individually, and will be a part of Sugarpill's permanent collection.

Soot & Stars
Shimmery charcoal grey. It's so pretty, and I don't believe I have anything like this. It's maybe a darker and prettier version of Urban Decay's Gunmetal.

Diamond Eyes
A shimmery white. It does remind me of Toki Doki's Diamante shadow, but without the chunky glitter. Diamante is discontinued, so I'm happy to have a good replacement.

Elemental Chaos
I'm not a fan of purple in general, but for some reason, I love purple eye shadows! This one did not disappoint. At first glance, it looks a little like MAC's Grape pigment...I'll have to do a comparison swatch later.


Subterranean
Gorgeous, shimmery forest green. Beautiful shade, and I can't wait til Fall, so I can use and abuse it every day. It may resemble Sugarpill's Junebug, but I'm sure it's darker. I'll swatch these later as well.





The Pros:
  • It's a palette full of perfect shadows. There's not a bad one in the bunch.
  • They blend gorgeously.
  • You can put together a complete eye look with the whole palette without looking like an accident.


The Cons:
  • One thing I don't like is that the palette is not the same size as the other Sugarpill palettes. That may seem like a dumb thing to be bummed out about, but that's borderline important to me.



My eotd featuring all four Cold Chemistry shadows

Google+ Followers