|Photo from allergan.com|
- It works!
- It comes with disposable applicators, so you use a fresh one every day. Not like other products I've seen where you use the same brush every time. Definitely a plus.
- Less maintenance than lash extensions, and you won't have to mess with falsies as often.
- Initially pricey. Once you're on your maintenance dose, it's not as bad.
- It is said to cause discoloration of your lids and eyes. This has NOT happened to me or anyone I know, but it is a listed side effect.
- Once you stop using it, your lashes will slowly return to normal.
- Know what you're getting into: You do have to use it every night for the first couple of months to see good results. I've seen girls use it every 2-3 days and then complain they don't see a ton of growth. If you follow the directions, you will be MUCH happier!
- Once you achieve the desired effect, you can cut down to every 2-3 days. I've used mine once or twice a week ever since I hit my two-month mark, and my lashes are amazing.
- I usually apply mine just to the outer half/third of my lash line. This gives me more of a flared effect.
- You may want to consider lash perming once your lashes get long. I've tried it a couple times but it lasts 6-8 weeks and I don't like the upkeep. Your lash curler will be your new best friend.
- Consult with your eye doctor before starting Latisse.