Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Product Review: Latisse

I've been using Latisse for just about a year now, and it has worked really well for me. Latisse claims to help your lashes grow "longer, thicker, and darker." For me, I have definitely noticed a dramatic difference in length and fullness. My lashes are naturally black, so I don't notice any difference in color, but I have seen it have that effect on other people. Sadly, I don't have a before photo, so I can't show you a comparison. But you can see my lashes on my Instagram..99% of my pics show my "natural" lashes. I rarely use false lashes anymore.

Photo from allergan.com

The Pros:
  • It works!
  • It comes with disposable applicators, so you use a fresh one every day. Not like other products I've seen where you use the same brush every time. Definitely a plus.
  • Less maintenance than lash extensions, and you won't have to mess with falsies as often.
The Cons:
  • Initially pricey. Once you're on your maintenance dose, it's not as bad.
  • It is said to cause discoloration of your lids and eyes. This has NOT happened to me or anyone I know, but it is a listed side effect.
  • Once you stop using it, your lashes will slowly return to normal.
Tips:
  • Know what you're getting into: You do have to use it every night for the first couple of months to see good results. I've seen girls use it every 2-3 days and then complain they don't see a ton of growth. If you follow the directions, you will be MUCH happier!
  • Once you achieve the desired effect, you can cut down to every 2-3 days. I've used mine once or twice a week ever since I hit my two-month mark, and my lashes are amazing.
  • I usually apply mine just to the outer half/third of my lash line. This gives me more of a flared effect.
  • You may want to consider lash perming once your lashes get long. I've tried it a couple times but it lasts 6-8 weeks and I don't like the upkeep. Your lash curler will be your new best friend.
  • Consult with your eye doctor before starting Latisse.

Google+ Followers