Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Product Review: Lush - Mask of Magnaminty

Of course...right after I posted my skin care routine, I added something new. Mask of Magnaminty by Lush. I didn't spell that wrong. It's minty and magnanimous. At the same time.




The Pros:
  • Smells like mint. Love.
  • It draws your blackheads to the surface.
  • Not drying, like other masks I've tried.
  • Exfoliates as you wash it off.
  • It's green, so it makes you feel like a housewife from the 50s. I happen to like that.

The Cons:
  • It's very thick and chunky, so it's not super easy to spread on.
  • It's made of natural products, so it does expire.
  • Although it brings the blackheads to the surface...that's where they stay. 

Overall...I like this product quite a bit. I love how my skin feels and looks after using it. I try to use it once or twice a week, on mornings when I know I'll have time to wait for the mask to dry and wash it off before putting makeup on. My makeup goes on sooooo nicely after using the mask. As I stated in my skin care post, I don't typically add a step to my morning routine, but this has been a nice change. I may try using pore strips after this mask...I just don't have any on hand so I haven't experimented yet.

Will I repurchase? Not sure. First, I want to try Glam Glow Supermud. I'll decide on repurchasing Mask of Magnaminty after I get a chance to evaluate the Supermud. 

Whats your favorite mask?


This is what morning looks like at our house!

Google+ Followers