Monday, August 12, 2013

Spotlight: Organix Hair Care

What can I say... Organix changed my life. Or at least my hair's life. I think I've become a bit of an addict. Since I've started using Organix, my hair has been so much healthier. Combined with the fact that I'm also getting regular trims, but I'll go into that on another post.

The Shampoos:
I always keep two varieties of shampoo in the shower. I rotate what I'm using depending on the benefit listed on the bottle (Hydrating, Repairing, Rejuvenating, Anti-Breakage, etc...).



The Conditioners:
I keep two conditioners in the shower and one hair mask. The conditioners, I also rotate through my stock. The hair mask, I usually just buy one at a time, and it's just whatever I can get my hands on for a reasonable price. I only use the mask for five minutes in the shower (after shampoo & conditioner), but I've also seen some people use it as an over-night mask...I might try that sometime, but I'm pretty happy with my current over-night routine.



The Rest:
I love the flat iron spray! It leaves my hair so silky and shiny, but not greasy-looking. I did *not* like the Moroccan Argan Penetrating Oil as much...I felt like it weighed my hair down and it looked dirty by the end of the day. I only use it now if I curl my hair and tease it...I find a tiny amount scrunched through keeps the fly-aways under control.



The Pros:
  • I've seen a positive change in my hair.
  • Most of them smell great.
  • Good variety of products with multiple benefits.
  • They're regularly on sale - I check the shampoo aisle every time I'm in a store, just in case!
The Cons:
  • The Moroccan Oil Argan Creme smells atrocious. I only forced myself to use the entire bottle because I purchased it for about $2 more than I normally pay for their products, when I forgot to pack my shampoo on vacation. Ugh.
  • The conditioners are very thick and can be quite hard to squeeze out. I have to pull out my ninja tricks sometimes just to get enough out.

Google+ Followers