Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Haul & First Impression: Sleek Makeup

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been a little weak on posting lately. It's been a crazy couple of weeks for me and I think I'm coming down with some kind of crud. Anyway...I recently decided to FINALLY make a little Sleek purchase. I've been dying to try the brand, I just always have had something else that I HAD to have, and it got pushed to the back burner. I forget what I saw that finally made me go on their website...whatever it was, I didn't even buy it. Instead, I got these little goodies:




  • Blush By 3 in Sugar. I thought this set would be perfect for Fall and Winter. I actually really love the colors on. They apply really nicely, and they stay put. I hate putting blush on in the morning, only to look pale by lunchtime. I  will definitely purchase more of these in the future.
  • Face Contour Kit in Medium. I was NOT prepared for how pigmented this would be. I should've tested it on my hand first, but I put it straight onto my face and I didn't have time to take it off and start over. So I ended up having to really blend it out and try to hide it a bit. The next time I used it, I applied it with a much lighter hand, and I'm really happy with the result. Like the blushes, it really applies and blends nicely.  The highlight side of it is a nice color. I actually like it quite a bit as a brow bone highlight.
  • Matte Me in Birthday Suit. This is applied like a gloss, but it dries to a matte finish. I was really hoping to love this...in theory, it would've replaced my addiction to Lime Crime Velvetines. BUT it's soooooo drying. The first day, I wore it alone. Within five minutes, I had licked it all off, because I couldn't stand the way my lips felt. I ended up applying gloss over it, which pretty much defeats the purpose of a matte gloss. Today, I wore it over a nude-ish lip - Babette by Lime Crime. It definitely looked and felt better. Not AS drying, but still not the way I want my lips to feel all the time. I won't be buying these again, sadly. I'll stick to Lime Crime...I'd rather pay more for something that I love, instead of save and have something I'll really have to force myself to use.
Birthday Suit over Babette - you can see how dry my lips look...they felt terrible!

Google+ Followers