Saturday, September 7, 2013

My Go-To Brushes

I don't have a ton of brushes...they were one of those things I never wanted to spend money on. I've purchased two ELF sets, the regular and the pro. As much as I hate ELF shadows and most of their other products, I have to say their brushes are decent. Especially for the price. I have just one MAC brush. And I've gotten other random brushes from palettes and from Ipsy. Of my small collection, I do have a few I reach for more than the rest...and here they are!




ELF Powder Brush
I use this for foundation. I love that it gives you almost an airbrushed finish.

Sonia Kashuk 
I don't know the name of this one. I use it for contouring.

MAC 217
Great for blending, especially the outer-v & crease. Made so you can deposit a fair amount of shadow or blend a sheer wash of color.

ELF Blending Brush
Smaller & more dense than the 217. I love it for blending and darkening the outer-v.

ELF "C" Brush
A nice dense brush for packing shadow onto lids.

Sonia Kashuk
Another nameless brush...Perfect size for brow bone highlight.

ELF Contour Brush
Small, dense domed brush. I use it when I really want to darken the outer-v & crease. Also good for smudging out the lower lash line.

ELF Small Angled Brush
The perfect size & density for outlining & filling in my brows. Also a great liner brush. I have one for brows, and another for liner.


A closer look at the smaller brushes

Google+ Followers