Friday, October 25, 2013

FOTD: Halloween Edition, Part 1

First of all, I want to say hi to my new followers. Thanks so much to everyone who follows me...I thought I would have three followers total at the peak of my blog, so it's amazing for me to see new faces every day. Reading all your comments and kind words really means a lot! xo

I have three costumes this year. It's excessive. I know. Listen...I love Halloween. More than any other holiday. Tomorrow's costume, we decided to do on November 1, 2012. Not kidding! Today's costume and next weekend's were more last minute. My friend invited me to a party tonight and it happens to be superhero themed. So it doesn't match the other two costumes. I didn't want to spend a ton of cash on a one-time costume, especially a last minute one. So I found a mask on Party City's website for under $5. I'm wearing a black romper and black boots that I already owned. And my friend and I ordered utility-type belts from Amazon for like $15. She is going as Catwoman, so we just bought the same one and saved on shipping. Here is my face, with and without the mask:


I kept the makeup pretty basic, since the mask takes up 90% of my face. I just did a blown-out yellow eye using Buttercupcake by Sugarpill. And the lips are a combination of different reds and burgundies. I did do a deeper contour on my cheeks, just in case the mask comes off, because we'll be in a dark setting...I wanted to keep my makeup more dramatic, so it would show more in photos.

What are you  guys doing for Halloween this year? Let me know, and stay tuned for costume #2!

Google+ Followers