Monday, October 28, 2013

Product Review: Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick

OMG. You know when a new movie comes out, and all everyone does it tell you how amazing it is. But then when you go watch it, you end up hating it?

This product is the makeup version of that.

Ugh. I had tried the Fit Me liquid foundation a couple years ago, and I liked it quite a bit. I just didn't repurchase it because my friend gave me a Mac Studio Fix foundation when that was running out, and I've just stuck with that ever since.

But when the stick version came out and promised to be mattifying, I really wanted to try it. I'm suuuuuuper oily, so I'm a sucker for anything that claims to keep you matte. Plus, I've heard so many rave reviews. So after picking it up and setting it down a hundred times, I finally kept it in my cart for once and brought it home. Now that you already know I HATE it, here is the official rundown.



The Pros:

  • Inexpensive.
  • Good variety of shades.
  • Easy to apply.
  • Blends nicely.
  • Good coverage (initially).
The Cons:
  • My face seems to repel this foundation. I did a trial today and applied it only in certain areas. I used my regular MAC foundation on the rest of my face. At the end of my work day, the areas I had the Fit Me foundation on are COMPLETELY BARE!
  • Doesn't last. I get more oily than usual, and way faster. I would have to completely re-apply my foundation twice during the day if I wanted it to last. No thanks!
  • I think it's causing me to break out. I've had a few trouble spots since I started testing this product out. However, I've worn a ton of makeup and fake blood lately, which my skin is also not used to. So I'm not 100% sure what to blame the break outs on.
The Verdict:
I will most definitely NOT be re-purchasing this foundation. I plan to give it to my sister, actually, since she is not nearly as oily as I am. I think that this might work on someone who is not oily. But they're already matte anyway. So what's the point? I don't know.



Google+ Followers