Tuesday, October 22, 2013

TAG: Why do you wear makeup?

I'd love to thank Shalunya for tagging me! If you aren't familiar with her, you have to go check out her blog. She is one of the most positive people I've ever come accross...she has such a great life story, I never get tired of reading her blog! More people should have her attitude!

I'm gonna dive right in...

1: When did you begin loving makeup?
I started collecting bits & pieces in my early 20s, but I wasn't an addict until about four years ago ;) I moved to a new city where it was just me and my then boyfriend. No friends. No family. My best friend and I ended up with the same Urban Decay Book of Shadows (vol 2 or 3?), and she introduced me to searching YouTube for tutorials. I had no idea YouTube was anything other than videos of cats and people falling off of things at that point. I got hooked. Makeup became my happy place. But I really feel like my addiction took off when I started with Instagram. I've never been a step-by-step instruction kind of person, so as much as I enjoy watching YouTube, I really prefer just seeing a picture and trying to recreate it. I didn't completely get the concept of blending before Instagram.

2: How do you feel without makeup?
I feel like I look tired! I never used to wear makeup, but now that I do...if I'm not wearing it, I think people will assume something is wrong with me. Haha. I don't usually wear anything if I'm going to be around the house all day. Unless I get bored and start to experiment. Once I start putting on makeup to leave, I end up with a full face. Like once I wear foundation, I have to wear bronzer or blush. Then I at least have to wear liner and mascara, or my eyes look shriveled. Then I might as well wear eye shadow. And if I don't put on lipstick, I look like a corpse. I used to be a mascara and lip gloss kinda girl. I don't know what happened! ;)

3: What do you like about makeup?
I like how transformative it can be. I'm not skilled enough for all that yet, but I love seeing people turn into a completely different person or creature, or idea. I come from a family full of artists, and I never thought I was artistic because I can only draw stick figures. Makeup is my way to get that artistic feeling. Maybe I'm not adopted after all!

4: Three holy grail makeup products.


Please tag yourself for me if you'd like to do this tag! I've seen a lot of you post it already, so I don't want to double tag! ;)


Google+ Followers