Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Empty: Burts Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes

I love watching videos/reading blogs about monthly empties. I've always wanted to do my own empties  post, but I just can't keep empties around. As it is...I don't like buying backups of things until I'm at the bitter end of a product. I don't like having extra things laying around. The only thing I have extras of are my Organix shampoos/conditioners, because I rotate them around. And my Beach Babe spray by Not Your Mother's, because it's hard to find around here and I don't want to run out of it. So if I don't even like FULL containers laying around...I can't even handle the idea of EMPTY ones. But I'm borderline jealous when I see videos of people with a bag full of empties. SO to solve my little dilemma, I decided to review my empties one at a time. Best of both worlds!

So for my first empty, we have the Burts Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes from my recent haul. There were only 10 towlettes in the pack, so I went though them pretty quick. I paid $4 at Walgreen's, and it also came with a full-sized lip balm. Those suckers are pricey, so when you factor the chap stick out of the price, the pack of wipes was about $1.50...not bad for 10 wipes.




The Pros:
  • Good for travel - I like carrying small packs with me when I'm on the go.
  • Inexpensive for a combo pack.
  • Nice texture. I've had some rough-feeling wipes in my time. These felt nice & smooth.

The Cons:
  • The smell. We all know I'm weird with smells. These smelled like a mix of lemon (yum), with diaper rash cream (eww). 
  • They don't get a TON of makeup off. For example...when I got home last night, I only was able to take my face makeup off. I was too tired to switch wipes for my eyes, so I had to remove that this morning. For someone who doesn't wear as much makeup as I do...these are probably fine.

The Verdict:
I'm not ruling out re-purchasing the combo pack. Although the smell is borderline gross, I do think they do a decent job at removing makeup. Plus, my husband and I are hooked on the lip balm. So having an extra one never hurts. I wouldn't buy a big pack of these, however. I didn't like them enough for a total commitment! But I would run in for a pack if we're going on vacation. I like that you can toss the box into your purse/suitcase...open it at your destination...and BAM! Two handy products. I get excited about things like that ;)

Google+ Followers