Sunday, November 17, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag: November 2013

Guys! OMG. I'm a little late to the party on posting this. I received my bag and took the photos on Thursday (?), and even had most of this post written that night. But as I mentioned before...this week has been an adventure. Yesterday, I planned to do some catching up around here, but I received a cooking class from my boss last minute, and then I had a little date night with my husband! So yesterday was spent running around and getting ready for those two events. Thanks for being patient with me! I try to post and reply to comments regularly, so I feel bad. Sometimes, life just has a different plan than I do!

After previously having a bad Ipsy experience involving white nail polish and gardenia perfume, I cancelled my subscription. However, I've seen so many good bags after I cancelled. They reeled me back in! This is my first bag since re-subscribing and I'm pretty happy with it!



What I got:
  • Nailtini Polish in Caviar Cocktail
  • Em Lipstick in Cabana Beige
  • Bombshell Lip Crayon in Hot Damn
  • BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Eyeshadow in Eclipse
  • Pixi Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched
  • Starlooks Gem Pencil Liner in Amethyst 





What I'm most excited about is that red lip crayon, and I love this shade of nail polish.  I'm super into finding the perfect nude lip lately...I did a quick swatch of the Em one on my hand. It's very sheer...so it looks like my search is sadly not over. The shade does look pretty, and I'm sure I'll wear it, but it will have to be paired with something.

The biggest disappointment is that my bronzer is completely shattered. I emailed them to request a replacement, and they've already replied telling me they'll send a replacement within the next couple weeks. Also, I'm wary of BH Cosmetics, and recently boycotted them, so I'm not super thrilled of the eyeshadow, but I'm sure if I use it soon, I'll get some good use out of it before it stops working.  I quick-swatches this on my finger, and it's kind-of a grayish purple? So it might be good for a touch of color on a smokey eye.

The bag itself is a little gold scaly number. I've decided to keep my Ipsy bags aside and fill them with little mini gifts for when I need to have a gift handy. This gold one is something I would give to my mom. It's not entirely unfortunate, I just don't need it, and I don't like having extra things.

If you all would like more in-depth reviews on any of the products, please let me know and I'll be happy to do one! Weeks like last week are rare for me, so I won't get this behind on blogging again for a while! (I hope!) Also, if you would like to see the real value of this month's bag, please visit +Shalunya TheChronicBeauty . She gives a monthly breakdown on the value of each month's items, which I love! Plus, you should be visiting her blog anyway...she's a gem!

Side note...I mentioned that cooking class at the start of the post. It was a cheesecake class! I was so excited because I love cooking and baking, but I've never attempted cheesecake. I was always told it was so hard to do, so I always just left it to the experts. But now that I've done it, I realize it wasn't anything to be scared of! I'm so happy I got to take the class at my local Le Cordon Bleu. Here are some pics:



Google+ Followers