Wednesday, November 13, 2013

What's In My Mail Box?

I love online shopping. I have a borderline problem, to be honest. I especially like online shopping from Sephora. And here's why...First, I get more samples than in stores. Second, I get to keep things in my cart for months at a time, visit them every now and then, and eventually delete everything and buy something spontaneously. Third, I don't know if it's just the area I live in, but the sales people around here are excessively pushy...I can't walk down an aisle without being offered eight kinds of lipgloss.

Today, I received my most recent package. I purchased only one thing...Kat Von D Lock-It Powder Foundation. Everything else shown below is a sample. I didn't even redeem any points this time!




The samples I'm extra excited about are:

  • Urban Decay Anti-Aging Primer Potion: vintageortacky (YouTube) has been talking about this primer for a while, and I'm running out of my original formula. So this comes at the perfect time.
  • Benefit Stay Flawless: I really like the Benefit products I've tried, but when it comes to making purchases, I usually forget about Benefit. So I'm glad to try this out...hopefully it will go on my to-buy list!
  • Ojon Color Sustain Pro: I like that this is a pretty generous sample. It will be great to try now that my hair is going through winter torture.
  • Kat Von D lipstick in Celebutard: I'm into nude lips lately, and I've been dying to try KVD lippies. So this is killing two birds with one stone.
  • Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream: I have not tried any CC creams yet. Y'all know I'm hooked on my Tarte BB cream...so I'm curious to see how I like this one.
The things I'm not as excited about are:
  • Ren Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk: I'll probably use this with my microderm brush. I know I've tried something else from this brand but I can't remember what. So we'll see how it goes!
  • Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer: I've tried this before and I like it, but I hate little sample packets. I'll probably keep it in my travel case in case I forget primer on vacation.
  • Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara: I'm not opposed to this, I just haven't heard anything about it. So I'm interested, just not hyped. 
  • Lancome High Definition Mascara: Again...one I haven't heard much about. However, I'm running out of a couple of other trial-sized mascaras, so these two will make good replacements. I recently adopted a one in/one out program with my mascara drawer. It's that out of control.
  • Lancome Tresor Perfume: I know for a FACT that I did NOT request this sample, even though it came as one of my three freebies. I HATE HATE HATE this perfume. It gives me nightmares. My mom loves it, though, so it will go directly to her.
  • Dolce & Gabbana The One Perfume: I did request this one, but it's another one that I will give to my mom. I have it on right now, and I'm so happy that I'm about to jump in the shower to scrub any trace of it off. I'm already getting a headache, and I feel nauseous. I'm highly sensitive to smells...it's hard to find a perfume I enjoy, so I like to order these little samples because I've paid before for bottles where they smelled good in the store, but once I tried wearing it a couple of times...they made me sick. My mom and I like polar opposite scents, so I know the more I hate it, the more she'll love it. ;)
And that's it! Stay tuned, because my new Ipsy bag should arrive tomorrow! I signed up again after a few months of boycotting them. I didn't get many good products when I was subscribed before, but from what I've seen, they've gotten better lately! So I'm hoping the trend continues! I'll also be reviewing this KVD powder and foundation soon. I've been using the foundation for about a year, but this is my first time trying the powder. I can't wait to use them together tomorrow!  I feel like my face will be indestructible!!!

p.s. Sorry for the lack of posts lately. My hubby had the weekend off, so we got to hang out more than usual. And this week has been a little rough on me. I should be back on track now, so don't abandon me just yet ;)

Google+ Followers