Sunday, December 15, 2013

2013 Favorites: Palettes

I decided to lump all different types of palettes into one post. I looooove palettes. I think it's because it makes it easy to trick myself into saying that "this is the only one I'll need when I travel." So I buy it. Then when I travel, I take eight palettes. And usually not the latest one I purchased. Long story short...I'm a liar. But I'm ok with that.


Images from Google

  • MAC RiRi Smoked Cocoa (LE): This palette did not get a lot of love in the blogging world, but I really like it. I've gotten so much use out of it, and have made noticeable dents in the two lighter shades. The darker shades are not amazing on their own, but they can be worked with and easily made to stand out. And the darker matte shade is great for deepening the outer v/crease.
  • Nars Guy Bourdain Blush Palette (LE): I went back and forth on whether or not I wanted this one. I mean....I wanted it. I just wasn't sure I wanted to pay for it. But I finally decided to go for it, because I DO need a good travel blush palette. I hate that I have to take several individual blushes, bronzers, and highlighters every time I travel. This is probably the one time I will actually use a palette for travel, the way I intended when I bought it. Plus I've gotten daily use out of it since I got it. All the shades are so pretty and flattering.
  • Sugarpill Cold Chemistry: I had been dreaming about this palette for the year it took between seeing the teasers on Instagram and when it was actually released on their website. I am in extreme love with this palette. I feel like each shade so perfect. I don't like sparkle all the time, but when I do, I reach for this little guy. They are all so pigmented, you barely need to touch them with your brush. So even though I've used these A LOT, they're almost brand new! 
  • Makeup Forever New Flash Palette: I'm not sure if this little guy has an actual name. So I just call him my Birthday palette, because it was my little gift to myself this year. I get a lot of use out of it, but I'm still learning how to really use it completely. Still...a great one to have. And now I want the original Flash palette even more!
  • Lime Crime Aquatenia: I'll admit, of all these palettes, this is the one I use the least. But it has those particular shades I don't have in any other palette. So when I need that color, I know what to reach for. 
  • Sugarpill Burning Heart: Sweet baby Jesus, this is probably my favorite palette of the year. I just love these shades tremendously. They are PERFECTION. Sure, it's not one of those you can choose as your only travel palette. But who cares. I've gotten so much use out of this guy. I can use the yellow alone as an all-over lid color. The purple, I use alllllll the time. The red is my favorite ever red shadow. And the orange....I can't even tell you how great it is. You can use it really sheer or pack it on, and either way, it looks gorgeous.
What were your favorite palettes this year? Feel free to link to your faves in the comments below!

Google+ Followers