Monday, December 16, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag: December 2013

Sorry it's taken me a few days to post this! But I'm making up for it by going a little more in depth with photos and swatches this month...yay! This month's Glam Bag was pretty good. Not the most amazing set of products I've ever laid my eyes on, but for ten bucks, it's really good enough. Especially because I really do like at least two and a half of the products, and I'll be using the bag for re-gifting purposes ;)

The complete bag


What I like about the bag itself this month, is that the zipper is on the front instead of on top. It's also a bit more sturdy than the bags usually are. It's a little too shiny and old lady for my taste. But I know someone out there will love it and think it's perfect.



NYX Lipstick in B52...at least that's what I think the name is. The best way I can describe this is like a taupey mauve. I think it's a really great shade for a smokey eye, but when you don't want to go fully nude on the lips. It's probably my favorite item in the bag.






Bombshell The One Stick in Sunset. This is the half item I like. I'm not sure about it yet, but I'll definitely use it. By the name, I'm assuming it's meant for allover use. It's a kind-of brick color with a very fine golden shimmer to it. As a lipstick, it would be ok...I'll have to try it. I've never tried a cream blush, because I'm a little scared to. It's a nice color for a blush, and hopefully the shimmer doesn't come out too much. I'm really curious about how it would perform as an eye shadow base. When I swatched it on my hand, it didn't go on very smoothly. So I'm on the fence about this one, but it's a good idea...in theory.






Pop Beauty Eye Shadow Trio in Smokin' Hot. These are swatched over Urban Decay Primer Potion. First impression...I'm not too happy with the color payoff. I really had to pack them on. But to be fair, I did use the little sponge applicator, which sucks. All three shadows are really shimmery. I don't see myself using it a ton, especially not all together. Three shimmer shadows at once? No thanks! But I'll probably involve them into looks at some point.






Nicka K nail polish in NY112. This is the other product I'm most excited about. I loooooove this color! I know it's not for everyone, but I love taupey polishes. You can't really tell from the picture, but it has a twinge of what I'm calling "purple, but not really." It's just pretty and this picture doesn't do it justice.




Andrea lashes in #33.  Ummm....I'm just gonna have to try these out to see if I like them. I don't wear falsies often. When I do buy them, I never reach for any that look like this. So I'll either learn that I should go out of my comfort zone with lashes, or I'll learn that I've been right all along! We shall see...



Google+ Followers