Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Product Review and Discount Code: Studio Gear CC Cream

Hey everyone...I recently received a sample of CC Cream from Studio Gear via Band Backer. I hadn't heard much about Studio Gear until recently, and suddenly they're all over the place! They actually have a really wide range of products...Shadows, skin care, brushes, etc. And the prices are pretty reasonable/mid-range.

My sample, along with the info postcard


From the info card: "Micro-encapsulated pigments deliver a fresh dose of color that adapts to your own skin tone creating the most natural looking coverage. This lightweight, oil-free cream is infused with Hydra-Extend technology that provides up to 72 hours of continuous hydration. Skin nourishing and brightening ingredients help to correct and maintain a youthful complexion."

First impression...the info card shows three shades for this product. I received the shade "Natural." When I squeezed it out of the tube, I was worried because it was actually grey-colored! But once you start blending it, the skin tone comes out, and it basically disappeared into my skin.  This was not like the BB creams I've tried, which actually give a light yet noticeable coverage. It applies really nicely, and did give my skin a nice finish. If I didn't have a lot of redness from my rosacea, I would feel more than comfortable wearing this on it's own. I like that it has NO smell at all. I hate perfumed face creams with a passion!!

L: Straight out of the tube
R: The color once you start blending out



Mini review after nearly two weeks of wear

The Pros:
  • My skin looks really healthy...I would normally be having hormonal breakouts about now, but all clear so far!
  • Blends in virtually colorless. 
  • No smell!!
  • Good price. $34 for 1.1 oz. I browsed CC creams on my Sephora app and it's on the lower end of the price scale, but not the cheapest. 

The Cons: 
  • I've noticed a little patchiness after applying...you just have to be careful to really blend it in. 
  • Not available at Sephora...I like getting my points! So this is a big deal to me. 


The Verdict:
I really would love to try more from this brand. Especially their brushes and skin care. I don't believe that you have to spend a FORTUNE to get good results. This brand isn't super cheap, but for the quality, I feel like it's reasonable enough to invest in. 


The Discount Code:
Studio Gear has generously allowed me to extend a discount code to my readers! Use code: SGCC  at studiogearcosmetics.com for 10% off your ENTIRE purchase! Please feel free to leave a link in the comments below if you end up reviewing something you buy...I'd love to see your opinions!

Compiled from Studio Gear's Instagram




Google+ Followers