Saturday, January 4, 2014

First Impression: Blinc Heated Eyelash Curler

I know what you're thinking...because it's what I used to think too! "Heated lash curler?!? You'll put your eye out!" However, my lashes are literally a growing problem. Even though I've cut way back on how often I use Latisse, they are still growing quite a bit. They look great...don't get me wrong...but they bump against my glasses and it gets annoying. I had them permed at work (we have an aesthetician on staff), but I didn't like the curl. Even with larger rollers, the curl was too severe. I bought a Shu Uemura lash curler when they were all the rage. I like it...but I needed something different. So when HauteLook had this Blinc heated lash curler on, I did a little YouTube research and decided to buy it.


L: The brush
T: LED indicator when just turned on
B: LED indicator when ready.

Post-curl, Pre-mascara


The Pros:
  • Works well.
  • Easier to control the curl.
  • You can easily focus on a specific area rather than just clamp all the way across.
  • LED indicator lets you know when it's ready.
  • The cap only closes completely when it's in the "off" position. So no danger of leaving it on all day and draining your battery or melting something.
The Cons:
  • The reviews I saw showed that it came with a cleaning brush. I guess they've decided to change the packaging and it no longer comes with that brush. 
  • Does feel a little too hot if you take too long. However, it's easy to take too long while I'm trying to get the hang of it. So I have to take curling breaks. Hopefully when I get a method down, getting ready will be a little faster again.
  • I know you're not supposed to curl your lashes after applying mascara, but lets face it...we all do that. I would never be brave enough to attempt that with this curler. So I'm definitely keeping my standard curler around. 
The Verdict:
I don't think this is a "repurchase" type of item, unless I manage to break it. I do like it. It's not as scary as I thought it would be. I know some people just heat their standard curlers with a blow dryer, but I still like this little guy better because it gives you more control. I also find the curl looks more smooth and natural. Sometimes you get that crease with a standard curler...this completely eliminates that beauty hazard. 

Google+ Followers