Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Guest Post: Review: La Femme Blushes

Hey guys! I'm SO excited to bring you this guest post from my best and oldest friend April. We met when she was new at my school in 4th grade, and have been friends ever since! I love her to pieces. She's also the person I constantly text to ask makeup questions, or to share new products, dupes, or deals. We both got into makeup around the same time, and I really trust her judgement. She's the one that introduced me to makeup tutorials on YouTube, and I talked her into Instagram (find her at LadyDarcSteel) for makeup. Even though we're far apart, we're also joined at the hip! 

One of the things we do that I absolutely LOVE is trade makeup challenges. She had this idea, and we've been running with it for over a year now. One of us will find a tutorial on YouTube and then the other one has to recreate it. It's great because we'll tell each other what looks/styles/techniques/colors/etc we struggle with, and then create challenges around those. Or if we both have the same palette, we find challenges that use it. Anyway, now that I've rambled on forever, here is her review! I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did! 






Hello makeup mavens! Let me tell you about these awesome blushes I purchased from Camera Ready Cosmetics! First, let me apologize because I heard about the La Femme blushes about two years ago and I was really just starting to get into makeup and watching tutorials. Girls, especially women of color, were raving about them! "So pigmented", "hella cheap" blah blah blah...I wasn't trying to believe the hype because I've learned that sometimes "cheap" is just what you get with some makeup.





OMFG WHY AM I JUST NOW OWNING ANY?!  So, I apologize to the makeup gods for not trusting public opinion! Being a woman of color, blush was always the one product I steered clear of because most of the shades available were not suitable for me...In other words, I looked like an ashy crack head! I could never find shades that really popped on my skin tone and didn't poop on my wallet. But, after finding the industry being more WOC friendly, I began to exploit my hidden lust for blush! Enter in La Femme...!


There's a wide range of shades and finishes. I purchased mostly matte tones and one Demi-pearl, as they call it, and I love love love them! The pigment is amazing, and a little goes a long way (unless drag is your thing)! Also, it's very easy to blend and layer to suit your needs or desired intensity, without becoming cake or settling in fine lines or pores! Lastly, they can double as eyeshadows, which is useful! Overall, I highly recommend these blushes! You get high-end quality at low-end prices (less than $3 a pan)!! The shipping was great, too, and the pans were meticulously wrapped!


Like I told Cella: You need these in your life!


❤️ LadyDarcSteel aka April 




Google+ Followers