Monday, January 13, 2014

Hair Tragedy

Last Friday, I was getting ready for work in the morning, when something shocking happened...

No really, my curling iron shocked me. It seems the wire casing had cracked, leaving the wires exposed. And my sad little wrist got the business end of those wires. It shocked me so hard, I literally fell backwards and landed on my booty. And as I'm falling, I had to unclamp my hair, because all I could think was that the cord wouldn't reach and it would yank my hair out. So there I was...on the floor, with my curling iron at my feet, clutching my wrist, confused and sobbing. My husband had run into the bathroom after he heard me scream and he was freaking out because he didn't know what happened. I finally pointed at the stupid curler and said, "It shocked me!" He immediately unplugged it and took it to an undisclosed location. Really...I don't know what happened to it after that. I believe it's being held for questioning and torture somewhere.

Sooooo...I had to get a new one. Tragic, right? I guess that's one way to get out of a no-buy. And here she is: my new little curler.





It's a Hot Shot Tools "Helen of Troy" 1 1/4" curler. I got it at Sally's for something like $40. I'm really liking her so far. In under 30 seconds, she's super hot and ready to curl. And it cools down quickly, too, so I can get her put away before leaving the house. One thing I *don't* like, is that she doesn't come with a protective cover. But I can live with that. I'm really loving the results with my hair.  The little shocky jerk was a Conair, and I loved him for a long time. I believe it was the same barrel size. But the Hot Shot curler leaves my hair looking really smooth and silky. I didn't even realize my hair wasn't silky smooth until I used it.

Google+ Followers