Sunday, January 19, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag: January 2014

Yay! My first Glam Bag of the year is finally here! I saw some great end-of-year Ipsy posts from some of you out there, so it's really inspired me to keep better tabs and notes of my Ipsy items. We'll see if I last the whole year as an Ipsy subscriber...!

So far, I'm not too keen on this month's bag. But I'll go ahead and post pictures just in case! Maybe I'll ends up liking one of these things more than I anticipate.



Willa: Makeup wipes. Probably the first thing I'll use/use up. You guys know how I am with makeup wipes. I will try anything! I borderline want to save these for travel, but I don't want to risk using a new product while I'm on vacation. So I'll probably open them right away.



Elizabeth Mott: Creamy Eye Pencil in Pearl. This is probably the most disappointing item in the bag for me. I expected it to be more like a NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil from the size of the box. Instead I got this little thing. This was also the only swatchable item in my entire bag. You can see from the swatch it's extremely light and shimmery. I'll probably try it out as a base, but I'm not too thrilled about it.




Sexy Hair: Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-In Conditioner. I got something from this brand in a previous Ipsy bag and haven't even touched it yet. Maybe I'll use both together next month and see how I like them! I spritzed some on my hair just now, and it has a very salon-y smell...which I happen to like. I'm guessing this will be my favorite product from this month's bag.



Apothoderm: Bright Skin Care Serum. I don't currently have any serums in my skin care arsenal. So I'm glad I got this little guy. I have had serums in the past that I loved, but I haven't wanted to spend the money to replace them yet. So I know I'll definitely use this. And it comes at a good time because my Lush Gorgeous moisturizer sample ran out. Judging from the description, this might be a good alternative. We shall see.



Malin & Goetz: Mojito Lip Balm. I just dabbed this on, and there is nothing mojito-like about the smell or taste. But I can always use a good lip balm, and this one feels pretty nice so far. So I decided to leave this on my night stand for when I forget to use my regular lip balm at night. Now I don't have to choose between getting out of my warm bed or dealing with dry lips.



Overall, I'm curious about these items, but there's nothing here I'm super excited to start using. From my past experience, I was quick to stop my membership after two so-so bags. And then they got good again. So I'll try to be patient and probably see what the next three bags have in store for me before I make an ultimate decision. There are other subscriptions I'd like to try, but I don't want to sign up for multiple boxes at a time. I wish there was a subscription for random subscription boxes! That would be genius! Ipsy one month, Birch Box the next, Julep after that...That would pretty much be my dream subscription! Oh well...I guess I'll stick to plain old Ipsy for now!

Google+ Followers