Saturday, January 25, 2014

What I Bought During My No-Buy

So listen...I know I have a weakness when it comes to beauty products. I'm not gonna lie. I put myself in makeup jail for the month of January, and called it an "Unofficial No-Buy." I decided against a true no-buy because I knew Viva Glam Rihanna was coming out, and I knew I wouldn't be depriving myself of that. I allowed myself to purchase must-have limited editions, and of course, things I needed to re-stock. I know the month is not over yet, but trust me...I won't be purchasing anything else, so I feel confident in posting this early ;) Here is what I ended up purchasing:


Lush: Bath Bombs. Bath time is my happy time. I will literally drain and re-fill the tub a few times. I sit in the tub for a looooong time and watch Netflix. Trust me...these were a necessary re-stock item! And I decided to display them in this little bowl, because they're so pretty and I hate keeping them bagged up in the drawer. Also, as you guys know I'm so sensitive to smells but I do like my house to smell nice. So now every time I walk in my room, I get a delicious scent that at the same time doesn't make me nauseous. ;) I did browse the lipsticks and liners while I was there...I will definitely be going back for those! I don't know if y'all have seen them. The bottles look like little dropper bottles, but they have brushes in the lid. I don't know if that makes sense. They're gorgeously pigmented, and very unique colors. They can be used all over the face. So even though the liners come with a liner brush, you can use them with a lip brush for your lips, or as eye shadows. They're just so beautiful and I have at least three shades I absolutely need. Also, I want to get the Tea Tree toner. BUT...not during makeup jail! ;)



Sugarpill: Loose Shadow in Smitten. This was a limited edition IMATS release. "But you didn't go to IMATS," you say. True. You've heard me talk about my gorgeous friend Michael before (I believe "gorgeous friend" precedes his name every single time I talk about him, actually)...he was gracious enough to pick this up for me while he was there. Basically, it has everything I crave in an eye shadow. It's shimmery, pink, limited edition, and Sugarpill?! Sign me up! I loooove my other LE Sugarpill shades: Asteria and !@#%$. So I couldn't pass this little lady up! She should arrive in the mail next week, and I will definitely post swatches. For now, here's a teaser:

Image from Sugarpill's Instagram


MAC: Lipstick in Viva Glam Rihanna. Duh...the one item that kept me from being on a total no-buy! I had to have it. But I restrained from buying the gloss. I really love Viva Glam and what it stands for. So I wear it proudly. It's funny because I was never a Rihanna fan (to this day, I don't know if I'm spelling her name right), but her collections for MAC have been to die for. Same with Nicki Minaj...I'm not a fan but I jumped on her Viva Glam lipsticks as well! My absolute favorite Viva Glam though is VG5. That is one lip gloss I kept purchasing and repurchasing ever since I first tried it. Even when I was in my, "I hate MAC" years, I kept going back for it. VGR will be here on Monday as well, so look for swatches next week!

Image from Google


And that's it, folks! Overall, I think I did pretty well. I kept adding things to random online carts, but I never actually checked out. I even almost talked myself into the free Zoya polishes, but I didn't manage to convince myself that shipping costs don't count.  And since my car registration is due...having some extra cash is definitely going to come in handy! :(

Google+ Followers