Friday, January 10, 2014

What's In My Mail Box: Christmas Haul

Christmas lives on in my mail box! I got a couple of Sephora gift cards, plus a bonus little Lime Crime box arrived! I decided to hold off on posting all my goodies until they all arrived. So I've already had a chance to use a couple things. I'm a little peeved at myself for not waiting until the new year to order from Sephora...I didn't realize until later that VIB & VIB rouge start counting points at the beginning of the calendar year. It told me how many points I needed to get to Rouge status and I got over-excited :( Other than that...I'm happy with my little stash. Here's the last of my Christmas presents that have trickled in:




Lime Crime: Velvetine in Pink Velvet. This was on my Christmas wish list, and my best friend kindly ordered it for me! When I opened my mail box, I was a little confused because I know this is sitting in my limecrime.com shopping cart, but I distinctly remember not purchasing it. I had a little panic moment of, "did they process my order randomly?! Can they do that?!" Mostly because I'm a serial online window shopper. I have items in carts on websites I don't even remember going to. It seems like every time I click a link, there's a random item that I never bought. I suddenly had a flash of all these random items being purchased without my knowing. Then I remembered...April told me she had to wait for my present because it was backordered! THAT SNEAKY LITTLE DEVIL! So I'm so excited, because this was the one item on my wish list that I had denied myself. And now she's mine!!! I've been wearing this in the center of my lips with Lime Crime's Babette all over. It looks so cute...I really love the look! I haven't gotten a good photo of it yet, but I'll work on that this weekend.



Anastasia Beverly Hills: Dip Brow in Ebony. My brother sent me a Sephora gift card. And between the time I washed off my makeup that night and walked to my bed, I had already used it to buy this little gem. I'm really focusing on my brows lately. So even though I have been using my MUFE Aqua Brow for the past year and still loooooove it, I wanted to add something to my brow arsenal. I've seen this all over Instagram, and I like that it's a little darker than my Aqua Brow. So it helps me add more dimension to my brows. Loving it so far!

Kat Von D: Rehab Priming Elixer. My Sister-In-Law also sent me a gift card! So I used it for the rest of my little haul...I love my KVD Lock-It Foundation and powder. I was really torn on whether I wanted the concealer or the primer. I went with primer because I don't currently have a primer I love. But I do have a concealer I'm happy enough with. Plus, it's hard to tell online which shade would work best for me. And I didn't feel like going to the store. So now my KVD cake face kit is almost complete! I'm happy :) I've used the primer yesterday and today...it's working well so far! I'll probably just save it for non-work makeup from now on though.

Philosophy: Purity Cleanser & Makeup Remover. I looooove this stuff! This is actually a re-stock for me. I'm nearly out of my first tube, and I wanted to have a backup so I don't have to go a day without it. So this gift card came at a good time.




Point Perk: One of my favorite things about ordering from Sephora are the samples and point perks! This time, I got one of my favorite ever point perks: a Nars mini set! It's probably one of the cutest things I've ever seen! The blush, I'll take to work. I have emergency backup makeup at work (who doesn't?), but I don't have a blush there. So this is perfect. The shadow primer and highlight cream, I've tried a couple of times...Liking the primer. The highlight is something that is very easy to use waaaaaaaay too much of (oops), but it's pretty. The gloss, I still haven't tried.

And then I got some random samples, but nothing extra exciting. So that's the last of my Christmas goodies (I think!).  I'm on an unofficial no-buy this month, so I'm happy I had a few little items to make me feel like I was still getting stuff. YES...I know, I have a problem.

Google+ Followers