Sunday, February 23, 2014

Face Five Challenge

Thanks so much to Tanya from Leopard Lace and Cheesecake for tagging me in this challenge! I was so curious about this ever since seeing her tease it on Instagram. I thought...what is this? Five makeup looks? A full face of makeup in five minutes? I was so wrong! And once I was tagged, my little wheels went spinning.

This is a tag put together by Tanya, Shalunya from Shalunya & BoyetBetti from Makeup AsylumAshley from Ashley Maria, and Keisha from The Chrysalis Gals. The challenge? A full face of makeup with only FIVE items! So take some time to visit all these lovely ladies and thank them for this death-defying challenge!!



The Rules:
  •  Use Five and only Five products to create a complete makeup look.
  • Each different product counts as one product. Multipurpose products count as one product (Benetint, Bombshell The One Stick, Nars Multipurpose Stick, etc).
  • No palettes are allowed. No trios, quads, or multi-shade palettes.
  • Tag Five others to complete the Face Five Challenge.
  • Have Fun!


What I Used:
  • Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation.
  • Makeup Forever Aquabrow #25: Brows, Eye Shadow Base, contouring, and to line my water line.
  • Sugarpill eye shadow in 2 A.M.: On the lid, to smudge out the lower lash line, blush, and lips. *This is part of a quad, but I only used one shadow.
  • Bare Minerals Flawless Definition mascara.
  • Physicians Formula Eye Booster Eye Liner in Ultra Black.



The Result:
I was happy to be able to do the challenge. My whole face looked rather dark, which I didn't like too much. You can't tell that as much from the photo because it's taken in natural light with my front-cam. Now...if I was on vacation and forgot to take some things with me (as is normally the case), I like knowing that I can improvise like this. But it's probably not something I would leave the house with. I just feel a little unfinished! Thanks again to Tanya for tagging me! If you guys haven't checked her blog out yet, please do! Her blog is so fun to read. She does all kinds of beauty reviews, fashion - including really great "looks for less" posts, and even some recipes! Make sure you visit her :)






Google+ Followers