Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Get This (or This!)/Not That

Welcome to another edition of Get This/Not that. This one is ultra special, because there are TWO of "this," and one of "that." Now, I'm no expert...this is just based on my personal opinion of what has worked (and not worked) for me. But I love doing these posts, so I hope you enjoy them as well!


Get This (or This!)
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Duo Ended Brow Brush #12: $18 at Ulta or Sephora. I really hesitated to get this brush, because I already owned both of the other things I'll be talking about. But since I recently purchased her brow pomade, I thought...maybe it's one of those things where it works best if you use all their products. YES, folks. This is how I talk myself into buying new things. Anyway, I really love this brush. It quickly took over as my favorite brow brush. I do use it with her brow pomade in Ebony on the ends of my brows. Then I use my other "get this" brush on the rest of my brows with my MUFE Aqua Brow #25. It makes defining my brows SO easy! The one thing I don't like about it is that the spoolie end doesn't have a cap. I keep my brows standing in a cup, so this is the only brush I have to keep separate, because I don't want to ruin the spoolie. I just keep it with my brow products, but I don't really like doing that.
ABH #12: You can see how flat it is in the reflection.

  • SOHO Brow Brush: $12 at CVS as part of the "Smokey Eye Set." This may or may not be intended as a brow brush. I bought it in a set of three brushes. I fell in love with it as a brow brush, though. If I hadn't met the ABH brush, this would be my favorite. As a matter of fact, before that ABH brush came along, I had no idea my life was missing anything. This brush is almost the exact same in width and length. The main thing I don't like as much is that it's not as flat. So you really have to be careful to not get a thicker line than you want.
Soho Brush. You can see the bristles aren't as neat as the
ABH brush. But pretty close to the same brush.


If I had to choose between the two for quality, ABH would be the winner. But for the price, the Soho brush is a worthy opponent. Especially since it came with two other brushes that I really love.

Not That
  • ELF Small Angled Brush: This was the first brush I ever used on my brows. It actually does a pretty good job. The thing is...even though it is super cheap, it's just not as good as the other two. It's not a solid "don't get this product, ever" for me. It's not horrible at all. But the other two brushes are just far superior to this one. If you want an "ok" brush, this is your guy. But if you want a really great brush...this one doesn't quite cut it. It's the most narrow of the three, and the thickest. It's harder to get a nice line with it...when using it on the tail, it gets rather messy. If you're a fan of having to clean up your brows after doing them, you may not mind that. However, I don't like having to do that.
Elf Small Angled Brush. I struggled to get a good picture, but
I think you can tell it's not as sharp and flat as the other two.


Let me know if you guys have tried any of these brushes, and what you think of them! If you end up with one, feel free to leave a link to your post in the comments. Don't forget to check out my other posts from this series:

Google+ Followers