Friday, February 14, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag: February 2014

Another month, another glam bag! I overall like my bag. I'll have to try a couple of the items out, but they look interesting, and I think I might like it all. Here is what I got:




NUME Hair Mask: I haven't tried any NUME products yet, but I've heard a lot of good things about the brand. Plus, I can always use a good hair mask. I'll be using this one this weekend, for sure!

Eyetini Shadow Tint in Spiced Rum (see swatch): I've never heard of this brand. It actually took me a while to figure out the name of the brand because it's not listed on the tube and the bottom sticker says something about "The Eday Group." What the heck is that?! I finally put two and two together when I saw the little martini logo on the lid and referenced that to the card that comes inside the bag. That's a lot of work! Anyway...the color is really pretty, and dries to a non-smudgable finish. After swatching it on my hand, I let it dry and tried rubbing it a little...that stuff ain't goin nowhere!! I'll definitely give it a try soon. This will actually be gorgeous as a base for gold glitter.

Zoya Nail Polish in Odette: When I first pulled this out of the box, I was like, "ewwww!" But the more I look at it, the more I'm warming up to it. It's a funky purple shade my mom usually refers to as "wino vomit." But y'all know how I am with vomit colors. I dig em. This will be front and center on my toes as soon as spring rolls around!

Pop Beauty Lipgloss in Peony Petal: I'm not a fan of this brand at all. When I saw this in my bag, I was like, "ok, that's it! I'm canceling Ipsy!" But the rest of the bag won me over. So I may or may not use this. Or give it away. I'm just not sure. So there is no swatch for this one because I don't know if I will open it yet! BUT, please check out "Ipsy, Is It Worth It?" by Shalunya for a swatch of this gloss plus a complete break down of the value of this month's bag.

City Color Be Matte Blush in Fresh Melon (see swatch): This is suuuuuch a beautiful color! I love it and I can't wait to put it on my face! I've not heard of the brand before, but I'm all for new blushes.

City Color: Fresh Melon blush
Eyetini: Spiced Rum shadow tint

Google+ Followers