Friday, March 14, 2014

Bought It/Forgot It

It's that time again! One of my favorite posts every month is this Bought It/Forgot It series. I've mentioned before, I first saw this idea on Casey Holmes' YouTube and I immediately knew it was something I would enjoy. I've seen a lot of other BI/FI posts floating around since last month, and I love reading what everyone else has been trying to use, so I hope y'all like them as much as I do!

I have to admit...this month's forgotten items didn't get a whole lot of love. I did try to incorporate them at first, but I quickly fell off when a certain Esperanza palette came into my life. Here's what I was trying to remember:




  • MAC Cosmetics Spoiled Rich Eye Shadow Quad: I did use this maybe three times, which is three more than I've used it most months. So I'm considering it a success! I do like these shades a lot. I tend to gravitate towards purple shadows (even though I really don't like purple for anything else). I'm so hooked on Sugarpill's 2AM and Poison Plum, which is why I don't reach for these a lot. But the lightest shade is somewhere between pink and lilac...it's really gorgeous and I've been inspired to use it a little more frequently from now on.
  • Urban Decay Cream Highlight in Wicked: This was my most used forgotten product this month. It was just easy to incorporate, and I love the finish. I did find that I had to work with it a little more than my powder highlights, which is probably why I stopped using it in the first place. But I do love the color. It's like a nude highlight, if that makes sense. It doesn't look too pink or gold on, which I love, because it's more versatile for me. So this was a hit...I'm happy.
  • Makeup Forever Technicolor Eye Shadow Palette: This was my least used  item. I really tried to use it, but I think I only really used the white and tan shade each a couple times. The black and darker brown, I used once. I started to use the yellow shade one day, but got sidetracked by my KVD palette. I'm upset at myself, because I totally failed at using this one. Which brings me to my items for this month...


  • Makeup Forever  Technicolor Eye Shadow Palette: It's a BI/FI first, folks! I'm remembering a forgotten item for a second time! I just feel like I should've shown this little guy more love, and the fact that I had this wild and crazy fling with a new product that I could've technically saved for Springtime is shameful. So this one will stay on my counter for another month, and I will make it a point to use it this time!! I think part of my flaw was putting two different shadow palettes in my "to remember" pile.
  • MAC Cosmetics Candy Yum Yum Lipstick: I love this lipstick! I had seen it all over Instagram when it was an LE shade, and I literally bought it THE second it became permanent. I rarely wear it, just because I don't find it safe for work. Granted, I wore bright red and purple lips to my last job and it wasn't an issue. So I could've worn this one too, I think. But when I first bought it, I was new to bright lips and I deemed it un-fit for work. So I've only worn it a couple of times total...which is just really sad because I really do love this shade of pink.
  • Cargo Blush in Rome: I actually received this as a gift, so it doesn't completely qualify, as it's not a "bought" item. But I'm a rebel and I make my own rules. So I'm including her anyway! I used this blush like every other day when I first got it. And then...something happened. I'm not sure how or why, but I just stopped using it. But it's a gorgeous color, so I'm excited to get it back on my face! Especially with Spring rolling in...I think this is just a great shade for Spring/Summer. Maybe that's why I stopped using it around Autumn. We'll go with that.

And that's it! If you guys have your own Bought It/Forgot It posts, feel free to link to them in the comments below. I'd love to see what everyone else out there is re-loving!

Using my Spoiled Rich quad for the eyes.

Using just the lightest color in Spoiled Rich. I know this is a bit
dramatic, but I was going to Ru Paul's Drag Race Battle of the Seasons.
I apologize for the photo quality. I took these in the care at night
& had to adjust the brightness quite a bit!

Google+ Followers