Monday, March 17, 2014

NOTD and Nail Polish Reviews

I've gotten some really lovely polish shades in recent subscription boxes, and I've been saving them for Springtime pedis. It's getting nice & toasty here, so I decided it's time to bust a couple of them out! This pedi looked completely different in my head. I didn't really love it once I was done, but I didn't hate it enough to remove my polish and start over. So I decided instead to photograph it and review the polishes I used. First, here's the finished product:

Y'all know I never clean up my pedis. Oh well!

The polishes
  • Milani Sugar Rush: When I saw this glitter polish, I had to have it! I only have one other Milani glitter polish in Gold Glitz, which I love SO much, and I've used it on many a lovely pedi. In my brain, I paired this with the Zoya Odette polish I received in February's Ipsy bag. Then when I got my Julep Maven box, I knew I had to pair Lilou with this glitter, too! So I devised a plan to use all three polishes together. The reason I love Gold Glitz is because it's such a full-coverage glitter, which is what I expected from Sugar Rush. I was beyond disappointed with the coverage of this one. It took me so long to get close to the result I was looking for. I think this is actually my least favorite glitter polish EVER! But it's still so pretty once you take twenty minutes to apply it.
Extreme Close Up of the glitter. This took way too much time to apply.

  • Zoya Odette: I was so happy to receive this from Ipsy. I immediately deemed it a Spring shade. But once I got to the second coat, I was sad that I waited so long to use it. It's definitely not the springy purple my mind had imagined it to be. I know you can see the color right there on the bottle, but I wasn't prepared for it to be so dark. So it just looks weird to me next to the light sunshiny yellow and springy glitter. However, the formula is really nice. It's not quite a one-coater, but almost!

  • Julep Lilou: This is such a pretty, buttery shade of yellow! I was so excited when I went through my Julep options last month. This color jumped out at me and I knew it had to be mine! I LOVE the color. But the formula on this one is so weird! In the bottle, it's thick, goopy, and slimy. But on the nails, it's super sheer and streaky! I don't get it...I've never seen anything like it. It definitely doesn't apply like any other Julep polish I've tried. It took me three coats of polish layered with a matte topcoat to achieve a nice finish.

Google+ Followers