Monday, March 10, 2014

Product Review & Demo: Lush Ultrabland Cleanser

I talked about this cleanser in my Skincare Bootcamp and February Favorites posts. I've been using it for about a month now, and I just absolutely love it! I had gone to Lush in January (aka my stupid no-buy month), and the girl there had me use it to remove my lipstick. I was wearing Lime Crime's Pink Velvet at the time. Let me just tell you...that stuff doesn't move! This cleanser removed it effortlessly, and my lips felt nice afterward. Not like with some makeup removers, which make your lips feel raw and chapped. So during February, when I was trying to get my skin back to fighting shape, I went ahead and picked it up.




The Pros:
  • It works...really well!
  • It leaves your skin feeling soft and hydrated.
  • Made with almond oil and beeswax (among other yummy ingredients), but doesn't leave your skin looking oily or greasy.
The Cons:
  • The only thing I dislike about this (and many other Lush products), is that it comes in a tub. I wish it was in a pump instead! I don't really like scooping my fingers into products over & over. I just make sure I always wash my hands first.
The Verdict:
Highly recommend! I have oily skin, but I would imagine this works well for dry skin also. I usually use a makeup wipe to clean it off, which of course maximizes the effectiveness. For the demo below, I only used a tissue. The packaging suggests using a damp cloth or cotton round.

I usually take about this much product on each hand for my whole face.
This was actually more than I really needed for this demo.

You may recognize these Esperanza swatches! :)

Everything wiped away...glitter, shimmer, and all!

My other hand...for reference. You can kind-of see how dry my
skin is on this hand compared to the hand I used Ultrabland on.
Also, my hand is super red because I was cold when I took this
one...I didn't take it at the same time as the other hand, sorry!

Google+ Followers