Monday, March 3, 2014

Product Review: Kat Von D Esperanza Eye Shadow Palette

You guys already know I love this product. Duh, it was in my February Favorites. But now I'm going to tell you how much I love it and why! I actually had another post queued up for today, but this palette got so much love in my favorites post, that I had to go ahead and let you all see it in all it's glory! 




The Pros:
  • The packaging. I love the whole Dia De Los Muertos motif.
  • The story behind the theme. If you watch Kat Von D talk about this palette on Sephora's YouTube, she gives a really lovely description.
  • The shades. Ugh....this is so pretty and girly but still edgy.
  • The "transformer" shade. This is one of the coolest things ever. I don't have anything like it.




The Cons:
  • Kind-of chalky. You have to be careful when applying to avoid tons of fall-out. I just make sure I tap off my brush before applying any shadow. I like to do my foundation before my eye shadow for whatever reason, so I'm used to being extra careful. But if you do your eye shadow first, you can always just go to town and wipe out any fallout later.
  • The transformer shade doesn't super work well with all of the shadows - particularly the matte shades. It does have more success with the deeper shimmery shades.

All Shadows swatched over UD Primer Potion
With Dayglo (transformer shade) applied to the inner half of the shadows.

Same thing...different angle and lighting.




The Verdict:
Ummm, highly recommend, if you hadn't figured that out by now!! I love the whole concept behind this palette. PLUS, it's very well executed. I've loved creating looks with this palette so far, and I know I'll get a TON of use out of it. I'm so glad I got this, especially with Spring rolling in! And now, allow me to spam you with a few of the looks I created using this magical palette...





Eyes: KVD Santeria, Archangel, Dayglo. Sugarpill Bulletproof
Lashes: Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara. Dose of Colors Double Dose Lashes
Lips: MAC Snob Lipstick. Dose of Colors Attitude Lip Gloss




Eyes: KVD Archangel, Dayglo, Placebo
Liner: Physicians Formula Eye Booster in Ultra Black
Lashes: Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara
Lips: MAC Creme de Nude over WnW Fergie Daily



Inspired by Kat Von D's makeup in the YouTube video above.
Eyes: KVD Placebo, South, Dog Roses, Dayglo. Mac Kidd
Lashes: Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara
Liner: Physicians Formula Eye Booster in Ultra Black

This was my first attempt at this type of liner. Let me just tell you...it's super hard! But I liked the end result nevertheless.


Google+ Followers