Sunday, April 6, 2014

Favorites & Unfavorites (With Video): March 2014


  • Makeup Geek Eye Shadows (pictured: Cocoa Bear). I've gotten a ton of use out of these. They're so pretty and blendable. If you've been on the fence about purchasing MUG shadows, let me just tell you...they're awesome!! 
  • Organix Shampoo/Conditioner in Sea Mineral Moisture. I am so in love with this shampoo & conditioner!! Before you buy these, let me just warn you about the scent. I happen to LOVE it, but it's not for everyone. It's a strong saltwater/beachy smell. This is the only shampoo I've ever tried that still has a scent the next day. I just adore it. The only issue is that my husband doesn't like the smell! So sadly, I won't be repurchasing it. Unless hubs suddenly loses his sense of smell :(
  • Maybelline Color Tatto in Stroke of Midnight. I think I'm the first person that doesn't like NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils as a shadow base. I've tried everything, but they crease like crazy for me! For a black base, I had been using their Black Bean JEP. But now that I found this little treasure, it's changed my life! My shadows do not crease over this whatsoever. I can see myself getting a TON of use out of this. 
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics pencil in Trick. You guys may already know but I have so much trouble finding a good nude! This pencil is IT! And good timing, because I'm still not comfortable going very bold with my lips at work. I use it to line and fill in my lips and then top it with MAC's Creme de Nude. It's my favorite work-safe combo at the moment.


  • Smashbox Always Sharp Liner in Raven. I actually bought this in February, but I was still trying to make it work when I did my Feb Faves, so I didn't include it back then. I'm surprised I don't like this as much as I expected to. I tested it out on my hand for a day next to Stila's Stay All Day liner, and it won by a landslide. However, it didn't last on my waterline at all. It ended up all in the corners, and very quickly! It moved around like crazy! I'm just upset I spent the money on it. I'll continue to use it, but I revoke my previous endorsement of this product!! 
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation in 200/Soft Beige. I just didn't like this very much. Never mind the fact that the color was off...the staying power of this foundation is somewhere in the neighborhood of three and a half minutes. By lunch time, my nose looks like I forgot to apply foundation for the day. And it applies so cakey...worse than any other foundation I've tried. Definitely not going on my list of things to ever buy again. 
  • Wet N Wild lipsticks in Sugar Plum & Smokin' Hot Pink. I feel like whenever there's a product out there with a ton of hype, I end up being that one girl that's like, "ummmm this sucks." Prior to these lipsticks, I had only owned one WnW lippy, which is from the Fergie collection. The formula on these, however, is sooo different. They're almost not worth wearing due to the effort it takes to apply them. The shades are really pretty. The formula is just junk. I don't get the hype surrounding these. 
  • Milani nail polish in Sugar Rush. I think this is the first time I've ever had a nail polish in my favorites or unfavorites. But like I mentioned in my review of this polish, it was just soooo hard to apply nicely. It was a pain! I would have to think long & hard before trying to use it again.


Watch on YouTube!

Google+ Followers