Thursday, April 17, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag: April 2014

I cheated a little on this month's glam bag and looked around at all the teaser posts. So I knew for sure that I was getting one item. And I knew for sure that there was something I didn't want. But, as always with Ipsy, I didn't know exactly what I would end up with. And since I've been teetering on the idea of canceling all of my subscriptions, this was an especially crucial month for Ipsy. So...will I be keeping Ipsy around? 


  • Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant: I've never tried a Dr. Brandt product, so I'm pretty curious about this. Given my recent skin care catastrophe, I'm a little hesitant to try it. But this seems to be a well-trusted brand, so I'm gonna go for it and give it a shot. 
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Black Velvet (swatched below): This was the one for sure item I knew I would get, because they included it in every bag this month. I do like these liners, and this is actually a really pretty black, with almost a satin finish. I don't think these liners are as great as some people do...they move around a lot on me. But I still use them whenever I get one in a kit or as a trial/sample so this will not go to waste. 
  • Starlooks lip liner in Naked (swatched below): This is a really pretty peachy-nude. I can see myself wearing this to death! I have a couple products from this brand, and I really love them. I've only gotten them from Ipsy and Wantable so far, but it's a brand I wouldn't mind purchasing myself. 
  • Elizabeth Mott eye shadow in Champagne (swatched below): this is a really pretty shade. Very pale and has a frosty finish. Just from the swatch, I noticed it feels velvety smooth and has pretty good color payoff. I'll get quite a bit of wear from this...it's a color I've been wanting in my brain, and I don't have anything like it. So I'm happy!
  • Coastal Scents eye shadow brush: This is similar in size and shape to ELF's C Brush. The bristles are surprisingly soft. I'll definitely get some use out of this brush. I don't like brands like Coastal Scents and BH Cosmetics for eye shadow anymore, but I may have to look into their brushes if I like this one. 



The verdict? Good show, Ipsy! You will live to see my mail box another month. 

Google+ Followers