Friday, April 4, 2014

Julep Maven Box: April 2014

Hey everyone! I received another Maven box...still on the fence about how long I'll be subscribed to these. But for now, I'm happy to add to my collection. Like I've mentioned before with these boxes, they let you choose the content to an extent. When they notified me that it was time to choose a box, this is what they had picked out for me:




I would've actually been pretty happy with this box, except I had gotten a similar blue polish in last month's box so I opted to change my "It Girl" box out in favor of the "Classic With a Twist" box. I also was intrigued because it comes with two polishes and a blush:




Plus when one of the polishes is described as "shocking," you know that has my name written all over it!! The blush choices were:



Obviously, I chose Peach Bellini. I like more of the orangey shades for spring and summer, so I knew I would get a lot of use out of it right away. 

Now that my box is here....do I love it?!



The polishes are absolutely gorgeous. The only thing I'm worried about is that the gold shimmer in Caitlin looks a lot like the gold shimmer in another Julep polish I have called Bunny (white with gold shimmer). When I painted my toes using Bunny, the gold did not show up AT ALL. So I'm hoping the same thing doesn't happen with Caitlin, but sadly, it probably will. Mariska is such stunning orange. It's perfect for Spring and Summer! I'm in love! The blush is verrrrry shimmery. I'm going to attempt to use it on my cheeks, but I'm afraid it will have way too much shimmer. I'm not sure if I can apply it very lightly in my highlight-adjacent area? Haha. Otherwise, I'll just use it as a shadow. I've been looking for the perfect peach eye shadow, so this may have to do.

Peach Bellini Blush.
Don't mind my extremely dry hand!!

And the surprise "Maven exclusive" this month? Freakin candy. AGAIN! I'm so bummed. I've really been on the fence about whether or not I want to continue with this subscription, but I think I'll keep it for one more month. They do give you points each month, basically just for getting the box. And the points are redeemable for bonus items. So I'll probably spend my points next month and see what happens. Stay tuned!!

Google+ Followers