Monday, April 7, 2014

Product Review & Discount Code: Studio Gear Hydrating CC Cream

Hey guys! Thanks again to Brand Backer for treating me to another sample of Studio Gear's CC Cream. You can find my previous review here.  I asked Studio Gear if this was the same CC cream or a more hydrating formula, but I'm still waiting for a response from them! So when I hear something, I will let you know. For now, I'm just going to review this as a separate product, because the last one did not say it was hydrating...so I think it may be different. I could be wrong!

Image property of Studio Gear Cosmetics



The Pros:

  • Light weight! I love that this adds a layer of hydration and correction without adding bulk to your face makeup.
  • It works! Since I started using Studio Gear's CC creams, I really do notice that my blemishes do not stay as dark for as long as they  used to. I get hormonal breakouts which last forEVER, but they don't have that dark pigmentation anymore, which makes them easier to cover with foundation.
  • Helps my makeup stay put. This doesn't provide much coverage, but I just treat it as a primer. I notice that my foundation lasts a lot longer when I use this than on the days I forget.
The Cons:
  • Like I mentioned, not a lot of coverage. I wish it was something I could use by itself on the days I'm not going to really wear makeup. I would like to apply it and then run out the door. But I do use Tarte's BB Cream on top and that gives me coverage. Although I feel a little silly applying a CC cream, then a BB cream.

Image property of Studio Gear Cosmetics


The Verdict:
Whether this is a different product than I tried before or not, I do still recommend it. They are available at Ulta and through Studio Gear's website, and the price range is pretty reasonable. It's not one of the cheaper brands, but it's not the most expensive, either. I'm also pretty excited to share a discount code with you! Visit their website: www.studiogearcosmetics.com and use code: bloggercc for 15% off! Click Here for a direct link to the CC Cream!

Google+ Followers