Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Review (With Video): Medusa's Makeup

Hey all! I have been wanting to try Medusa's Makeup for a long time. You guys know me...I obsess over things for months before finally buying them. And then when I buy them, I need to buy more right away! Such is the case with Medusa's Makeup. They were kind enough to send me one of their glitters for review. I purchased one of their eye dusts (loose shadow), and got a bonus eye shadow (pressed)! I'm super happy with all three, so I wanted to share everything with you and show you a couple of the looks I've done using them. This is what I got:



  • Eye Glitter in Neon Red: The texture of this is like nothing else in my collection. It's not a sparkly glitter...it's more like colored sugar. It's so cool! Plus the color is killer! I love it.
  • Eye Dust in Brown Sugar: I love the rust color of this shadow. It's so pretty. Plus, it applies so smoothly. It's really velvety, and it blend out really well.
  • Eye Shadow in Voodoo: This is a gorgeous taupey color - part of their Safari collection. I can't decide if I like their pressed or loose shadows better...they're both so soft and silky!
L to R: Voodoo, Brown Sugar, Neon Red


The Pros:
  • Very reasonable prices. The glitters and eye dusts are $7 each, and the pressed shadows are $8.
  • Great pigmentation and blendability.
  • Wide color range...truly something for everyone!
  • Cruelty free!
The Cons:
  • The texture of the glitter is a little tricky to work with, but the end result is gorgeous.
  • The same con as most of my purchases recently...I can't play with them before I buy! Online shopping is risky, because you never know if you're gonna love it. But I can't stop :(
The Verdict:
I will definitely revisit this brand. I love the quality, and the shade range is amazing! You can check them out at www.medusasmakeup.com. I will probably try their glitter adhesive or eye liner sealer next. Plus they have some really awesome colors in gel liner. Stay tuned for more from this brand!


Neon Red over black liner, applied with Urban Decay Bondage adhesive.
p.s. pardon the extra spots of adhesive on my lid. I didn't see them in time.


Brown Sugar allllll over. With a light grey in the center.

Voodoo on the lid. Blended out with various shadows from
my arsenal, and MAC's Club eye shadow on the lower lash line.


Google+ Followers