Hey all! I have been wanting to try Medusa's Makeup for a long time. You guys know me...I obsess over things for months before finally buying them. And then when I buy them, I need to buy more right away! Such is the case with Medusa's Makeup. They were kind enough to send me one of their glitters for review. I purchased one of their eye dusts (loose shadow), and got a bonus eye shadow (pressed)! I'm super happy with all three, so I wanted to share everything with you and show you a couple of the looks I've done using them. This is what I got:
- Eye Glitter in Neon Red: The texture of this is like nothing else in my collection. It's not a sparkly glitter...it's more like colored sugar. It's so cool! Plus the color is killer! I love it.
- Eye Dust in Brown Sugar: I love the rust color of this shadow. It's so pretty. Plus, it applies so smoothly. It's really velvety, and it blend out really well.
- Eye Shadow in Voodoo: This is a gorgeous taupey color - part of their Safari collection. I can't decide if I like their pressed or loose shadows better...they're both so soft and silky!
|L to R: Voodoo, Brown Sugar, Neon Red|
- Very reasonable prices. The glitters and eye dusts are $7 each, and the pressed shadows are $8.
- Great pigmentation and blendability.
- Wide color range...truly something for everyone!
- Cruelty free!
- The texture of the glitter is a little tricky to work with, but the end result is gorgeous.
- The same con as most of my purchases recently...I can't play with them before I buy! Online shopping is risky, because you never know if you're gonna love it. But I can't stop :(
I will definitely revisit this brand. I love the quality, and the shade range is amazing! You can check them out at www.medusasmakeup.com. I will probably try their glitter adhesive or eye liner sealer next. Plus they have some really awesome colors in gel liner. Stay tuned for more from this brand!
|Neon Red over black liner, applied with Urban Decay Bondage adhesive.|
p.s. pardon the extra spots of adhesive on my lid. I didn't see them in time.
|Brown Sugar allllll over. With a light grey in the center.|
|Voodoo on the lid. Blended out with various shadows from|
my arsenal, and MAC's Club eye shadow on the lower lash line.