Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Buy/Bye: Bare Minerals Prime Time Neutralizing Primer

There comes a time in ever serial online-shopper's life when they realize...I have a crapload of samples! Are any of these things any good?! I recently had that ah-ha moment. And since I've decided to stop doing Bought It/Forgot It for now...I figured now was the perfect time to start trying all those samples! I set a few things on my counter last week, but I've been passing them over every day. So to force myself to use it all...I'm blogging about it! Do me a favor...if you don't see another one of these posts soon, nag me about it! Thanks ;)

The first product I decided to try is the Bare Minerals Prime Time Neutralizing Primer. I've tried their regular primer before, and I honestly thought that's what I was trying again. So imagine my surprise when this yellow goo came out of the package:



Now that I've tried it...do I run out and buy it, or wave good-bye?

I've tried it out twice now. The first day, I used my Origins charcoal mask in the morning. Today, I used my Clarisonic Mia 2. I'm only mentioning that because when I do a mask or use my Clarisonic in the morning, my makeup tends to last longer. So I wanted to give this stuff the fairest chance.

The Verdict:
It's gonna have to be bye-bye-bye to this one! The texture is very different from the regular Prime Time primer. It's very lotion-like. It feels nice when applied. However, at the end of the day, my face looks much more shiny than usual. And it does nothing as far as neutralizing goes. I almost didn't even use it today because I was so unhappy with it the first time. But like I said...I wanted to give it a fair shot.  I've yet to find a primer I think is amazing, so maybe I'm not the best judge. BUT...I usually don't find that my makeup looks worse with a primer. I just generally think they haven't made a difference. Sadly, this one is the exception!


Google+ Followers