Sunday, May 25, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag (With Video): May 2014

I'm down to one subscription box/bag, and Ipsy is it! I'm happy to report I finally cut ties with Julep, after they gave me the short end of the stick and charged me to use my points like jerks. And sent me two polishes that were almost identical to each other. And sneakily announcing a "new upgraded box option," which also includes a price increase to the standard box...in case y'all didn't read the fine print! This month's Ipsy didn't WOW me, but I'm not totally upset with it, either. Ipsy will live to see another month. Annnnd...here's what I got!

The bag is cute. I'm not a big fan of nature, but I like that it's a nice
washable canvas. It will make it perfect to use as a travel brush bag.

The contents: Not a very makeup-heavy month, but I can deal!
  • Derma E Microdermabrasion Scrub: I usually would be all over something like this, but since I've been using my Clarisonic Mia 2, I've not used any other exfoliating product on my face. I just find that to be overkill. I might keep this around for future use, or tie it to someone that will use it. I'm not upset with the product, it's just not something I'd use at the moment. Not a total failure on their part.
  • Hang Ten Sun Block: Sorry for the grainy photo! I took this the same way and in the same lighting as always. I don't know why these came out so horrible. Anyway...I will definitely use this. As a desert-dweller, I will never say no to sun screen!
  • Pur-lisse Moisturizer: I'm a little sad they sent me a moisturizer for normal-dry skin. I'm oily, and I know that was part of the Ipsy survey. That being said...I'll probably still give this a try. I'm almost out of my Dermalogica moisturizer, my Lush Enzymion is long gone, and I'm on a no-buy. So it's Pure-lisse by default! We'll see how it goes.
  • Hey Honey Peel-Off Mask: I'm torn on this one. You guys might know, that a peel-off mask is on my skin care bucket list. However, this is an exfoliating treatment as well. Which I'm staying away from right now. I might have to swap out a Clarisonic day for a mask day. I'll try to figure that part out later.
  • Pacifica Eye Shadow Duo: This isn't something I would've chosen for myself, but I'll likely use it. I haven't tried Pacifica makeup before. The one product I've been sent (also through Ipsy) from the brand was a perfume roller that smelled like a funeral home. So it didn't make me really want to try the brand, but this doesn't stink. SO...I'll give it a shot.
And that's my bag for May! As always, feel free to link your posts about this month's bag down below. I already know Tanya from Leopard Lace and Cheesecake got a hair mask, which I'm super envious of! :)


Google+ Followers