Sunday, June 1, 2014

Favorites & Unfavorites (With Video): May 2014

It's that time again! May was a weird month for me...it seemed to go by so slowly, but looking back on it, I can't believe a month has passed since my last favorites! I was actually on a partial no-buy for May and the end of April. I purchased the NYX Macaron lipsticks on April 26th and instituted a no-buy until Allluring Aquatic came out. Since I purchased a couple things right before my no-buy and I did buy a few goodies during Alluring Aquatic, I still have some things to share :) If you want to see the video, it's way down at the bottom of the post! 




  • NYX Cosmetics Macaron Lipsticks in Violet, Black Sesame, and Chambord: Of the entire collection, these three were my absolute favorites. Violet is the most wearable out of all of them. At least...for those of us who consider bright purple lipstick to be wearable. Black Sesame is a grey, which I know is not for everyone, but I love it. And Chambord is black. I've never had a black lipstick that went on so nicely! I just love the formula on these three. You would think the entire collection has the same formula, but that is not so! I'll get into that later.
  • MAC Cosmetics Extra Dimension Bronzer in Delphic: Holy moly, this is so pretty! I asked my friend for advice on this one and he recommended Delphic vs the other bronzer in the collection. I'm so glad I got it!! It just gives a beautiful warmth to the face. It's not highly pigmented, but I still love it.
  • MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Enchanted One: You guys may or may not know that I've been on a mission to find the perfect nude...THIS IS THE NUDE LIPSTICK I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR MY WHOLE LIFE! Ugh...so gorgeous. Very reminiscent of Kylie Jenner's pretty nude lipstick she's been rocking lately. 
  • MAC Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Peachstock: In the video, I do mention that I wasn't sure if this is a permanent item, because I know I've seen the name and wanted to buy it. I just researched it on maccosmetics.com and discovered that the lipstick is permanent, but not the gloss. So if you missed out on this collection, try the lipstick! It's soooooo pretty. It's a beautiful peachy nude. Goes perfect over Enchanted One. I'm in love! I'll talk about the rest of Alluring Aquatic in a MAC collective haul post coming up soon!






  • Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser: I hate it. Everyone raves about it, which should have been my first clue to not purchase it. But I'm a sucker so I did it. I just hate the texture. It settles like crazy into my lines. I didn't know how many wrinkles I had, but now I can count each one and I've started to name them. It's ridiculous. I keep trying to use it, but it really should just go in the garbage.
  • NYX Cosmetics Macaron Lipsticks in Orange Blossom and Citron: These aren't extreme unfavorites, they're more like disappointments. The texture and pigmentation of the ones on my favorites list was perfect. These two are chalky and settle into every little crack on my lips. They just don't look great up close. I can work with them a little, but I wish they were more like the other ones.

Google+ Followers