Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag (With Video): June 2014

Did I just type JUNE?! Good lord, time flies. And spoiler alert, this month's bag is probably one of my favorites EVER. The bag itself, not so much. Looks like a Tommy Bahama reject. 




My husband and I have this deal worked out where he will never shop at Tommy Bahama, and I will never shop at Chico's. But that's neither here nor there. Because what's inside the bag this month is soooo good!!



  • NYX Butter Gloss in Eclair (swatched below): This is something I've been wanting to try for such a long time, so I was thrilled to receive it. The texture is so creamy, it smells amazing, and it's really pretty. It's very sheer, so I definitely wouldn't wear it on its own, but it'll be a great addition over some lipsticks I already own.

  • Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray: Everyone knows how much I love my Not Your Mother's Beach Babe spray...so I am both excited and nervous to try this stuff. I definitely do want to give it a fair try, and will probably be posting a full review after I've had a chance to use it a few times.
  • Nicka K Shimmer Liner in Green (swatched below): This is really pretty, but I may or may not use it. And here's why. After I swatched it on my hand, I discovered it is nearly impossible to remove! I did use just a regular makeup wipe, but I scrubbed and scrubbed, and I don't think my hand will ever be the same. I totally spaced on trying my Lush Ultrabland cleanser to remove it. So I'll have to try that sometime and see what happens. If it works, I will use this liner to DEATH, because it's just beautiful!

  • Be A Bombshell Mascara in Lash Out: This comes at a perfect time, because I just started to clean out my mascara drawer (it's just a Muji drawer...it's not that serious). I've been realizing that a lot of my older mascaras are just past their prime and I've been holding on to a dream, trying to re-live the excitement of when they were brand new and not dried out. But it's time to let go. So getting a new mascara was at the very top of my to-do list, and now I don't even have to do it anymore! Score! The brush looks pretty basic, but I will give it a shot and let ya know what I think! 

  • Derma Doctor DD Cream (swatched below): No shade on this one, as the packaging says it's supposed to be self-adjusting. I never believe those claims, but I'm going to try this anyway. I've been using BB and CC creams instead of the regular foundation for my daytime face lately. That may not seem like a big deal to you, but it's a big deal for my face. So even though  I'm a little skeptical on this one, I'm going to use it. 
Nicka K Shimmer Liner
NYX Butter Gloss
Derma Doctor DD Cream


And that's it! I know I'll use all of these items quite a bit. Unless they make my hair fall out or my skin permanently green. Then I'll only use them once.


Google+ Followers