Monday, June 30, 2014

Mood Monday: Pitiful & Pampered

Hey everyone. Thursday afternoon, I was drinking tea at work. My co-worker looks at me and says, "what's with the tea? You're not getting sick, are you?" Well that proved to be the kiss of death. Friday, my throat seemed weird all day. Towards the end of the day, my other co-worker says, "if you're gonna get sick, do it on the weekend. Saturday & Sunday only! Monday, you come back to work!" Wouldn't you know it...as soon as I got home Friday, my throat was on fire! I woke up on Saturday feeling like I had secretly swallowed sandpaper in my sleep. If there's one thing I hate, it's being home alone and feeling sickly. It makes me feel so little and pitiful! So I decided to treat myself to a home spa day.



I started off my Saturday with a latte. The reason my foot is next to my latte, is that I was sitting at the edge of my bed doing something I rarely do: watching a soccer game! Chile vs Brazil. Since I was born in Chile, this was a must-watch. Sadly, my team didn't pull through, but they gave Brazil a run for their money! While watching the game, I deep conditioned my hair and used my Origins charcoal mask. Neither of these processes were documented. My sick face was not camera ready!



After rinsing out my hair and face masks, I decided I was ready for a new pedicure. Even though I'd just painted my nails last weekend (with help from Instagram and my friends via text, I chose that bright orange), I had received my first Deborah Lippmann polish recently, and it was begging to be used. I decided to go full-on mermaid treasure chest, and used Milani's Gold Glitz, and Jacqueline by Zoya. I was so happy with the outcome!


Then I ate fajitas and knocked out on the couch until my husband came home! Sunday was the worst day of my life!!!! Thankfully, Sunday is my husband's day off, so he was here with me to make sure I was still breathing. I was so super sick...y'all don't need to know the details. But when I woke up today, the first thing I said was, "babe...I made it!" I seriously thought I was dying. Lol.





Don't forget to stop by Vero's blog and link up to Mood Monday!

Google+ Followers