Sunday, July 13, 2014

Favorites & Unfavorites (With Video): June 2014

Once upon a time, circa six weeks ago, I was saying, "My no-buy is going so well, I might extend it into June!" Then I remembered Makeup Geek. And everything fell apart. It's so funny, because my first purchase after each of my no-buys this year has been from Makeup Geek. I didn't do it on purpose...they just called to me! That got the ball rolling, but I didn't do tooooo bad. Swathes of everything will be at the end of the post. Here's what I enjoyed most this month:



  • Makeup Geek  Eye Shadow in Razzleberry: This is such a gorgeous shade! I've already used it a few times and it's just so beautiful. Like with other MUG shadows, it's super pigmented and blends beautifully.
  • Makeup Geek  Pigment in Utopia: I was so excited when this pigment was restocked! I've been wanting it for sooooo long!! And it came just in time for a night out, so I got to use it right away. It's absolutely beautiful...a must-have!!
  • Makeup Geek  Blushes in Infatuation and Smitten: Since I love MUG shadows so much, I jumped for joy when they released blushes! I only got two, but I already want more. Infatuation is a deeper shade, perfect for bronzing. Smitten is a beautiful apricot shade...so great for Summer! Like the shadows, they are very pigmented yet blend out to the perfect mix of coverage and not-look-like-a-clown-ness. Highly recommend.
  • MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Dodgy Girl: Part of the Kelly Osbourne for MAC collection, this shade is Kelly's signature lavender. It pulls a little pink on me, but I LOVE it! The girls at my job are very low-key when it comes to makeup. The only time any of them has complimented me in my over four months there was when I wore this lipstick. So that says something! If you saw my latest Empties video on YouTube, this is what I was wearing.
  • MAC Cosmetics Mineralized Skin Finish in Refresh: This was part of Sharon Osbourne's half of the collection. I've never had an MSF before, and holy cow I think I need more! This looks gorgeous on my skin. I've used an obscene amount of this product since it landed in my hot little hands. I'm in love!
  • MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Flat Out Fabulous: I saw this on YouTube, featured by NitraaB on her favorites from last month. I immediately paused the video so I could purchase it. I have problems...I know. But this lipstick is so gorgeous! I'm definitely glad for this impulse buy :)
  • Stila Magnificent Metal Eye Shadow in Kitten: I got this as part of a try-it Summer Set from Sephora. There were a variety of goodies in there, and shadow was one of the reasons I purchased it. I'd been wanting to try it, but I was borderline scared to. I used it with Razzleberry and it looked killer!! I've used it for all-over lid sparkle, inner corner highlight, and blown out on the lower lash line. I just love it.
  • Urban Decay All-Nighter setting spray: Another goodie from the try-it Summer Set from Sephora (I don't remember the name of the set, so I made up my own, by the way). Since UD and I don't really get along too well, I was surprised that I liked this. My only gripe is that the spray doesn't travel far. You have to spray it really close to your face to get any product, but too close, and you get a blast of wetness.
  • Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner: I wasn't going to buy this. Then Sephora released it for 24 hours only. A normal person would say..."they'll release it again soon, don't worry." My brain said, "BUYITBUYITBUYITBUYIT." I listened to my own unreasonable brain. But I'm so glad I did! This liner has gotten pretty blah reviews, but I really like it. I've had ZERO issues with caking, flaking, or drying before finishing my wing. I'm hoping the formula stays consistent until the tube is empty...we shall see.
  • Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara: OMG. I already posted my First Impression on this, so I won't say too much except that you need this mascara in your life!
  • Essence of Beauty Fine Crease Brush: This came as part of a set of two crease brushes. It was around $2.50 from CVS. I had been wanting a pencil brush to use for smudging out eye shadow under my lower lash line. The one I wanted was always sold out online, so I'd like to thank Sigma for saving me a lot of money by never having it in stock. I love this little brush! It's really changed my lower lash line forever!!



  • MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Strip Poker: Also part of the Kelly Osbourne collection. This one is really light, and I have to work with it a little to make it work for me. Plus the formula is very strange. It feels creamy when applied but looks super dry. It's not a total disaster, but it's not a favorite.
  • Be A Bombshell Lash Out mascara: If you guys saw my latest Empties video, you already know the issue I had with this mascara. In case you missed it, it smells like death, rotten eggs, and socks that have been worn for a year straight without being washed. All rolled into one tube. Disgusting. Plus there was some speculation that it was contaminated. So I tossed it, which is why it's not pictured.
With Flash
Top: Push Up Liner, Utopia, Razzleberry, Kitten
Middle: Infatuation, Smitten, Refresh
Bottom: Dodgy Girl, Strip Poker, Flat Out Fabulous


Without Flash



Google+ Followers