Sunday, July 6, 2014

First Impression: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Better than WHAT? Ok, ok....Unless you've been living under a rock, or you hate lashes, I'm sure you've already heard of this mascara. I think when I purchased it, the Sephora gods said, "finally!" I actually got a trial size of this mascara as part of Sephora's Lash Stash To Go set. I'd been wanting to find a trial size for a while. So when I found the Lash Stash set, which includes five trial sizes for $25 AND a voucher you can use to get a free full-size of your favorite mascara from the stash, I jumped on it. The reason I wanted a trial size was that I didn't believe any mascara could be THAT amazing...

Natural lashes. Just a little brown liner on the bottom water line & nothing else.

After one application, top & bottom.

Two applications, top & bottom.

Three applications, top & bottom.

Closer comparison of natural lashes vs final result.
The Pros:
  • Adds length, volume, and fullness.
  • Super black.
  • Even though the brush is rather thick, it's easy to apply on the lower lashes without making a mess.
The Cons:
  • The first use out of the tube was a little too wet. It looked pretty clumpy and I wasn't sure it would even work. But it's been smooth sailing since the first use.
The Verdict:
After trying this mascara, I've hardly even touched the other four mascaras in the set. I think it's absolutely amazing! It does everything!! It's not one you really have to pair with another mascara to get a great result. That being said, I'm a little psychotic about lashes and I do pair it with others. I would definitely purchase this mascara. I'll definitely try the rest of the Lash Stash mascaras before deciding on which one to trade my voucher for. But so far...I'd be surprised if anything beats this one!

Google+ Followers