Monday, July 14, 2014

Mood Mondays: Coffee, and Other Amazing Things



I spent a good part of this weekend getting myself caffeinated. Sounds fun, right? It totally was. I love my morning coffee. On week days, my husband spoils me rotten and brings me a cup every morning when I'm getting ready for work.  I usually manage to drink half a cup before I have to run out the door. On weekends, I put my big girl pants on and make my own coffee! Haha. Weekends are my time to catch up on all the half-cups I didn't have time to drink during the week. 

Saturdays are my favorite day of the week. It's the one day I have to stay home and relax. I usually kick back with a latte, find new hair and face masks on Pinterest, and succeed in getting coconut oil all over the bathroom. This past weekend was no exception. And here's proof:


You can't tell from the photo, but my hair was absorbing a ridiculous amount of coconut and avocado oil at the time. And I had a sample of Glam Glow Youth Mud to use, so I didn't have to come up with my own concoction this time.

Saturday afternoons, I do my filming for YouTube. This week, only one of the two videos I filmed was completely out of focus, so I consider that a success! I recently got a new camera, and I'm still trying to get the hang of it. I've been scrapping videos left and right lately. But I found a new trick to get myself focused, so hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from now on. I've been so thrilled with my camera!! Here are a couple test shots:

I love to have flowers in my kitchen.

Our neighbors gave us a free show for the 4th!
Sundays are the only day my husband and I are both off work. Some days, we head to brunch or to a pool. Some Sundays are more lazy, and we stay home. When I'm home, I try to get ready for the week. That usually includes packing lunches for work, doing laundry or dishes, and getting some blog posts started (does anyone else have an endless lists of drafts?!) The past couple of months, I've really had so much going on, and haven't gotten to blog quite as much as I used to. But things have started to settle down lately, so I have more things closer to being finished than before.

This Sunday, I woke up to probably the best surprise on Earth:


I can't tell you how many times I'm doing my makeup like, "Wayne Goss does this..." He's such a HUGE inspiration. I love his videos, his honesty, and his personality. So this was a special Sunday for me. Now that the week is off to such an amazing start...I'm ready to take on the world!

Wishing you all an amazing week! Don't forget to check out Vero Says to see more Mood Monday posts and link up!

Google+ Followers