Monday, July 28, 2014

Mood Mondays: Refreshed and Ready to Rock!

Hey everyone! I'm so sorry I went missing last week. I've mentioned this before, but I do get migraines now and then.  Last weekend, one hit me hard. I get frequent headaches, but this was the mother of them all. I've tried it all...cold packs, hot compresses, aromatherapy, herbs, prescriptions... The only thing that really fixes it is a few days of good sleep and staying very hydrated (which sometimes interferes with sleeping through the night, but whatever). So that's where I've been the past few days. I really can't skip work, so I've been just saving all my energy for the day time. Now, I'm feeling a TON better, so I'm getting back into the swing of things.



This past week, I focused on my health. After day 2 of Giant Headache, I laid off the caffeine - I've learned that if a little caffeine doesn't take care of my headaches within a couple of days, it will actually make them worse. Since I needed to drink a ton of water, but didn't want to drink plain boring water all week, I picked up some lemon sparkling water with my groceries. Sadly, I think they used Pledge to achieve the lemon flavor. It was nasty!

I also picked up some healthy lunch options for work. I don't ever talk about this on my blog, but I've been trying to eat a lot healthier since I started my new job. In fact, since February, I've lost almost 10 pounds, and most of that is food choices. I really don't work out as much as I would like, because honestly I'd rather spend that time with my husband - it's not very often I'm home alone. 

Saturday, I woke up feeling pretty good. I took care of some housework, and filmed a new video. Plus, I finally had a latte. Annnnd, I made the best fajitas EVER! So Saturday was a good day :)

Sunday, my husband and I took a quick road trip to Lake Las Vegas. We had a great time despite the ridiculous heat. The place was nearly completely empty. We saw very few people walking around, so it was nice and quiet. It was such a relaxing day. We hadn't been up there yet, so it was good to get out and explore a new place. Plus, we had a great lunch! I rarely eat pasta, so when I do, it always tastes like the best pasta I ever had. Since I've been feeling so icky, I decided to make it a pasta day. And it was delicious! When we got home, we each picked a couch and knocked out for a couple of hours. I love Sundays, because they're our only day off together. And this Sunday was great!

After a relaxing and semi-productive weekend, I'm ready to take on the week and get back to normal! Don't forget to visit Vero's blog if you'd like to participate in Mood Monday! 

Google+ Followers