Friday, August 1, 2014

Buy/Bye: Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Matte Liquid Foundation

I've been in full-out USE UP EVERYTHING I HAVE mode lately. There are a couple of things I want to purchase/repurchase from Lush, but to justify buying more stuff, I need to use up what I have. That includes samples. So I started this series, in which I try a sample, and then let you know whether I will be buying it in the future, or waving good-bye forever.

It's been really hard for me to find a foundation I'm 100% happy with. My skin actually seems to repel most foundations, and there are only two I've found that I mostly like: MAC's Studio Fix Fluid, and Kat Von D's Lock-It Fluid.  With both foundations, I've had trouble finding the perfect shade, which is my main complaint. The KVD one lasts longer than MAC, but it's too heavy for every day in my opinion.

I've gotten other foundation samples before, but none of them was worth writing home about. So when I received this Dolce & Gabbana sample, I really didn't even want to try it. BUT I did. For the sake of blog research ;)



The Pros:
  • The coverage: Perfection. It looks like my skin, but better. Full, non-cakey coverage.
  • Lasting power: Looked great all day, even in the heat.
  • The perfect shade: I've never found a foundation that is so close to my own skin tone.

Not too thick, not too thin.


The Cons: 
  • The Price: $67.  Holy crap.
The Verdict:
I would like to say I would never spend that kind of money on foundation. However, it's absolutely THE perfect foundation. I'm really torn on this one. If I happen to receive Sephora gift cards for my birthday (right around the corner, thankfully), or for Christmas...I will probably cave and purchase it. UNLESS, by some miracle, my brain allows me to forget how amazing and perfect and beautiful this foundation is. So I can't say I'll run out and buy this right now...but I definitely can't say bye, either!

This is me wearing the foundation. I was much happier than I look.


Google+ Followers