Saturday, November 1, 2014

Review & Swatches: NYX Simply Vamp Lip Cream Collection

Hey everyone! I recently purchased all six shades from NYX's Simply Vamp Lip Cream collection. It was completely by accident, I swear! Now that I have them, and Fall makeup is upon us, I thought I'd share the swatches and a mini review with you!

  • Enamored: NYX's website describes this as "Deep Brown with Burgundy Pearl." I'm actually a big fan of this shade! I didn't think I would love it, but it's one of my favorites in the group. I know brown is not for everyone, but it looks great on. I haven't seen the new Viva Glam Rihanna 2 in person, but from photos, Enamored reminds me of a darker version of that shade.
  • Temptress: "Deep Royal Purple." I looooove purple lipsticks, so this is another favorite of mine. None of my purples are as dark as this, so it's a welcome addition to my collection. I'm going to get a TON of use out of this one!
  • Aphrodisiac: "Light Brown Plum." This one goes on really creamy. It feels great on my lips, and I'm loving the shade!
  • Bewitching: "Burgundy with Blue Undertone." I love this color, but it's sooooo creamy, that it starts to move around a little too much. I've worn it out a couple of times and I have to pay too much attention to my lips during the day, which I'm not a fan of. I like makeup I don't have to think about. If you guys love this one anyway, I would just suggest trying to wear it with a lip liner...I haven't tried that yet, but I will next time. Plus, it arrived kind-of damaged, so it's hard to apply. I know it was cheap, but I hate crappy packaging.
  • Covet: "Light Rust with Red Pearl." I think NYX needs to come out with more of these pearl finish lip products. Maybe they already have and I'm just behind the times. But I'm in love with the finish and this shade is so pretty! 
  • She Devil: "Deep Plum." This one is the darkest of the group. It was the first one I tried wearing, and I wore it to work. It's definitely way too dark for my job, and I would never wear it to work again! But outside of work...I'm all over this shade.

Google+ Followers